Welcome to our site

At the beginning of the year 2012, Carey and I went on a low-carb diet. Now notice, I didn't say no carb diet. Low-carb. We have lost weight, which we are greatly happy about. And we have begun cooking a lot more than what we had been doing. There are TONS of receipes online and I recently bought a huge cookbook that we can't wait to break in to.

Posted are the receipes we try. Some we like, some we don't. As we try them, I will post them for you to try. We do hope you like them and like the idea of low-carbs.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Skillet Stroganoff

We ate this plain since I haven't found a noodle that is low-carb friendly.  My mother-in-law has made them out of eggplant (I believe) so I need to get with her on that receipe.  But this was actually very good without the noodles.  If you aren't watching your carbs as strickly, cook up some noodles and put this over them.  Will definitely make again.

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, diced (I used the fozen, already chopped kind)
1 clove garlic (I used the jar kind)
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 teaspoon liquid beef broth concentrate (I had bullion on hand so used that)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown and crumble the ground beef in a heavy skillet over medium heat.  Add the onion and garlic as soon as there's a little grease in the bottom of the pan and cook until the pinkness is gone from the ground beef.

Drain the excess grease.  Add the mushrooms, broth concentrate, Worcestershire, and paprika.  Stir in the sour cream and then add salt and pepper to taste.  Heat through, but don't let it boil. 

This is great as-is, but you may put it over noodles from the non-low-carb set.

3 servings
Total carbs is 7g

Recipe from 1001 Low-Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender

No comments:

Post a Comment