Welcome to our site

At the beginning of the year 2012, Carey and I went on a low-carb diet. Now notice, I didn't say no carb diet. Low-carb. We have lost weight, which we are greatly happy about. And we have begun cooking a lot more than what we had been doing. There are TONS of receipes online and I recently bought a huge cookbook that we can't wait to break in to.

Posted are the receipes we try. Some we like, some we don't. As we try them, I will post them for you to try. We do hope you like them and like the idea of low-carbs.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Breasts

We have made this twice already.  Nice to come home to a crock pot dish!  5 stars

Crock Pot Chicken Breasts

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (if you don't skin them, the skin will just fall off anyway)
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 large onion, chopped (I used the frozen kind)
3 cloves garlic, minced (I used the garlic that comes in a jar -  1 tsp = 1 clove)
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms (I had fresh already so used them)
1/2 c chicken broth (I used bullion cubes)
1/4 c white wine (did not used; used broth instead here)
Salt and pepper to taste

Layer chicken breasta in bottom of pot.  Salt and pepper them.

Combine soup, broth and wine.  Pour over chicken.

Drain mushrooms and put on top.  Add the garlic and onions.

Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.

This is fall off the bone chicken!!!

1 serving would be 4 net carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment