Welcome to our site

At the beginning of the year 2012, Carey and I went on a low-carb diet. Now notice, I didn't say no carb diet. Low-carb. We have lost weight, which we are greatly happy about. And we have begun cooking a lot more than what we had been doing. There are TONS of receipes online and I recently bought a huge cookbook that we can't wait to break in to.

Posted are the receipes we try. Some we like, some we don't. As we try them, I will post them for you to try. We do hope you like them and like the idea of low-carbs.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Texas Chili

This was the first low-carb meal we made.  It was very spicy!  I typed it up as the original, but I made notes on changes we will make the next time around to make it a little more mild.  I love spicy food, but even this was too much for me.  It was very good though!  Will definitely make again with a few moderations.  5 stars
2 pounds ground beef
2 ounces onion, chopped (I threw a handful in of the frozen kind)
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used the already in jar kind)
3 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (we did not use this at all - eliminated)
3 teaspoons cumin (will change this to 2 teaspoons when we make it again)
1 teaspoon cayenne (we did not use this at all - eliminated)
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons salt
8 ounce tomato sauce (compare for carb totals)
4 tomato sauce cans of water
1 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes (original reciepe did not call for this...we added ourselves)
shredded cheese on top, optional

Brown the meat, onion and gralic in a large pot; drain grease well. Add all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.  Turn down the heat to low; cover and simmmer 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

Makes about 6 servings
Can be frozen

Each serving = 4g net carbs

Recipe from Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes online

No comments:

Post a Comment